Sunday, January 4, 2009

Our Anniversary Day

Blessings to my sister! Hubby and I celebrated our fifth anniversary a week late last Friday.

My courageous, wonderful sister picked our children up at 10 am and kept them for us all day. Foot-loose and kid-free, we did some of our favorite things. Our first stop was Joe's Coffee Shop in Gilbert, one of our favorite places ever! It's surrounded by flowers, flowers and uh, flowers.


I got my decaf Pumpkin Spice Latte and Hubby got his Carmel Macchiato.



We found a secluded table and had, get this, uninterrupted conversation. On such a gorgeous morning, or any morning, it was fantastic! I even attempted some artistic photography.



Then after some shopping (me shopping, hubby walking patiently behind me), we saw "Valkyrie" which for most people wouldn't be a date movie, but it was for us! Really, who doesn't think Hitler and plots to assasinate him spells romance? Then it was off to PF Chang's for a late lunch. Who knew you could have lunch and dessert at 3:00 in the afternoon? Let me tell you, those mini-desserts are so delectable! After some down time at home (in other words, lounging on the couch), we got dolled up and went to Oregano's and had a pazookie! Two desserts in one day? Oh my goodness, no wonder I look like Santa Claus! After gorging ourselves once again, we rolled ourselves across the parking lot to the Hale Center Theatre to see the play, "Lend Me a Tenor". We laughed so hard our cheeks hurt! For those of you who don't live in Gilbert, we did three of it's best things in one day: Joe's Coffee Shop, Oregano's and the Hale.


It's always incredible and memorable to celebrate our anniversary once a year, but let me tell you, the day to day marriage in life stuff is pretty great, too. I am so thankful for my husband, but even more to the One who put us together. Gi-gi asked me the other day if we were going to be married for fifty-years. I said, "At least!"

1 comment:

Amy said...

Happy Anniversary you two! Your day sounds like heaven....:)