Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Pool Time!

Summer is in the air! Flip-flops are being worn, swimsuits donned and sunscreen slathered over wriggling little bodies.

That’s about as poetic as it gets.

This mama has boycotted pools and especially swimming suits (or baby soups in our family’s vernacular) for reasons obvious to all. At least I would think the reasons are obvious.

This is as close to the pool as I am going to be.


And so, this weekend’s trip to the pool was the first trip for me, although the kids and Daddy have been going for weeks now.

Ya-Ya just "floating" around.


Gi-Gi, aka Mermaid Girl


Fish Boy


Instead of partaking in the day’s activities, I sat on the sidelines chatting with dear friends and counting children’s heads. While not exactly a cool dip in the pool, it was just as good. For me, anyway.

Ju-Ju joined me. He didn't feel like getting his hair wet.

No comments: