Monday, April 26, 2010

How Does This Keep Happening?

I still haven't figured out how this keeps happening.

Somehow, year after year, the kids just keep getting older. And they like it that way!

Gi-Gi is latest of the kiddos to grow in age and beauty.

I keep trying to put the books on her head, but she keeps knocking them off, proudly declaring that she's up to my shoulder.

Hmph!



Honestly, though, I'm enjoying having a nine-year-old. I love that I get to watch her grow and learn every day. I love that I get to teach her period. What an honor, what a privilege, what a responsibility.



And yet, there is still some little girl in there.

I'm loving that, too.

Happy birthday, sweet girl.

6 comments:

AudyCamp said...

she looks like your mom in this picture..maybe it's the eyes. Happy Birthday to her!...wow we have 9 year olds..

Michelle said...

AWE! Happy birthday.

What a beautiful daughter.

It's bittersweet.

I am sad to see them leave behind another season of their lives...

and yet...it's amazing to watch them change and mature.

Kristy K said...

This post was so sweet!!! They do grow so fast!

I cracked up at your comment on my blog.... I think I'll take a puppy over another pregnancy :).

Jen said...

Happy Birthday Gi-Gi! Hope she had a great day!! Thanks for helping me celebrate my SITS day last Monday!! I have today's Worship and Praise post up! I'd love it if you stopped by!!

Jen

Holly said...

Oooh, I know! They aren't allowed to get older...I can't stand my babies growing up!

Jennifer Juniper said...

I complain each year that Idon't want them to grow up - but I find that each new year with them is my new favorite year with them :)