Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Our "Day-Cation"


Like many people, this year's vacation has had to be put on the back burner.

Bummer with a capital B.

That being said, the month-long cruise around South America had to be cancelled. That okay. I'm not much of an ocean type of girl anyway.

We got to do something better. Much better.



My hubby knew of this fabulous swimming hole in Eastern AZ that would be perfect to take the children to. We were going to have to hike to get there. I was up for it! I'm a rugged kind of mountain girl.

Do I hear scoffing?

Just because I have to be close to a Tar-jay and Walmart...

And besides, Eastern AZ is one of my favorite places in the world!


So, we headed for the swimming hole. Here's the count: two families, four adults, nine (yes, nine) children, countless water bottles, one pair of ugly walking shorts (mine) and a partridge in a pear tree.


This swimming hole was well worth the hike! Oh, my goodness. Talk about God's country! To see my children's faces light up was priceless. It's a gift to be able to share the joy of God's creation. Are you wondering why Ya-Ya is carrying around a stick? That's her walking stick. Yup, can you see how it is assisting her? It was about 11 inches long.


Those kids (and dads) swam and swam and swam! Friends, let me tell you! That water was cold!!! The mamas and babies were chickens and didn't get swimming. At least, I was a warm and dry chicken.


The perfect end to a perfect day! ICE CREAM!! Hey, I had hiked off all those calories. Smiles + swimming hole + only a few owies + ice cream + best friends = perfect day!

1 comment:

AudyCamp said...

Love it! sometimes "Day-Cations" can be the best kind. :)