Friday, October 23, 2009

Fresh-Baked Yumminess!

A few weeks ago, our family was invited to a bakery field trip.

It took one nano-second for me to accept this invitation.

I'm telling you, it doesn't hurt having wonderful friends who let you come on their fieldtrips!

On our field trip the the Tempe Great Harvest Bakery:



we listened (most of the time),


we took notes,


and we got to help out a bit. I didn't realize that bakers were so brave! The thought of all those dirty little hands in my flour... *shudder*


We even enjoyed the fruits of not-our labors, with a sampling of honey-wheat bread. I'm pretending that this is the bread that we helped make. Isn't it lovely?
I did take some pictures of the sampling, but the bread disappeared so quickly that I never really got a good picture.

They have the cutest little shopping area in the front of the bakery that I really wanted to spend time browsing through, but... But, I will be back! Just the thought of those yummy different flavored butt-ahs is making my tummy growl.

Couldn't have said it better myself!

1 comment:

Amy said...

Hi my friend!!!! Ack, I have been MIA and a very very baaaaad bloggy friend.. so so sorry!

What a FUN FUN fieldtrip!! I will have to get my lovies over there too!!! So so fun! I bet the smells were heavenly!!

hugs and loves sweet friend!