Sunday, October 25, 2009

Happy Birthday, Nonnie!

Okay, okay. Only a lee-tle bit late.

Still love me, Mom?

Of course you do! You wouldn't be a mom if you didn't. But, I also don't want to push my luck. Hee, hee!

(trumpets blast)

And now, here she is:



This is my mom. I love her. She's a very blessed woman. After all, she does have the four most beautiful and adorable grandchildren in the whole world. Only, don't call her Grandma! She is Nonnie.

One of the things that's great about my mom is that she is extremely creative! She came up with the idea to make my curtains out of a table cloth. Good thinking, Mom! She can look at a room and envision furniture placement, paint colors, location of nicknacks and everything else that I never think of. Well, almost never. She is definitely the first person to call when in a decorating jam.

Seriously. I do it all the time.

I think the thing I love most about my mom, though, isn't the help picking out fabric swatches or paint colors. Let me say, my mom is always there for me. She's only a phone call away and she will drop everything to be on my front porch. She's taken children to the ER with me in the middle of the night, come and taken care of me after each of my c-sections, never missed a birthday of any of my children, rejoiced with me and cried with me.

Plus, she passed down her love of chocolate to me, her beloved daughter.

Need I say more?

I love you, Mom. Happy birthday!

Late wishes? Yes, but she'll be 54 for the whole year.

Ooops. Was I supposed to say that?

2 comments:

Sharon said...

Happy Birthday MOM! You should meet up with my momma - she's awesome too!

AudyCamp said...

What a sweet Mom you have! I never knew decorating was her forte.. cool! I wanna come see your house some time. :) Happy Birthday to her.