Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Christmas Fun

Welcome to the Christmas edition of getting to know your friends. Usually this goes through email, but I thought it would be fun to put it on the blog. I would love to see your answers, too, so please leave a comment so I can go to your blog and check out your answers! Thanks, Aunt Mac, for sending this.

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Both depending on whatever the present needs

2. Real tree or Artificial? real, all the way

3. When do you take the tree down? about a week after Christmas

4. Do you like eggnog? depends on who has made it

5. Favorite gift received as a child? my red Schwinn bike in 1st grade or the poodle skirt Grandma made for me in 4th grade

6. Hardest person to buy for? my dad

7. Easiest person to buy for? any of my kids

8. Do you have a nativity scene? three

9. Mail or email Christmas cards? As a daughter of a former mailman, I feel it is my duty to support the Post Office by mailing cards. Plus, I love getting fun mail like Christmas cards.

10. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? Okay, here's me opening up: a terrible sweater 5 sizes too big (seriously) with the Wal-Mart clearance tags on it. It was given to Goodwill the next day.

11. Favorite Christmas Movie? The Nativity or The Bishop's Wife starring Cary Grant

12. When do you start shopping for Christmas? Usually around September unless I'm somewhere special on a trip earlier in the year and see something that's absolutely perfect.

13. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? no, never!

14. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Uh, I'm pregnant so anything! But the favoritest is coffeecake, fudge, or well, okay just about anything.

15. Lights on the tree? Where else would they go?

16. Favorite Christmas song? Still, Still, Still; Breath of Heaven; O Holy Night

17. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Stay home because I want my kids to have great memories of Christmas at home.

18. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer's? Of course, but I don't want to show off. Well, okay: Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Donner and Blitzen. Oh, and Rudolph.

19. Angel on the tree top or a star? Angel

20. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Christmas morning, although when the kids get older, they'll be able to open one on Christmas Eve.

21. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? To copy Autie Mac, the consumerism and the rush, rush, rush

22. Favorite ornament theme or color? Traditional red, green and gold

23. Favorite for Christmas dinner? changes every year

24. What do you want for Christmas this year? why doesn't the homeschool convention have gift cards?! Well, world peace, new tennis shoes, gift cards, tidings of comfort and joy, and a new camera.

25. Who is most likely to respond to this? ?
26. Who is least likely to respond to this? ?

27. What do you put in your stockings? legs! Oh, that kind of stocking. Well, depends on whose it is. It could be toiletry items, jewelry, candy, small books or toys, just small little goodies.

No comments: