Tuesday, December 23, 2008

My Irish Tenor



I have to say right here that I am a proud wife! My husband has a great voice and I love hearing him sing. He really only sings in front of others during Christmas, so that's definitely one of the highlights of my season. I had to push and prod him to do it this year because it was more of a time commitment than in previous years, but he was so glad he did it. This year, before they sang in church on Sunday, his group traveled to three nursing homes and sang for the residents there. Not only were the residents blessed, but he got the biggest piece of holiday cheer and realization of what we are blessed with. I LOVE my husband! I love seeing when he is touched by the Lord on such a personal level. The picture above is during our soup potluck on Sunday after church when they went around caroling while we ate.
On Sunday, we had our church service with the singing of Christmas carols. When his group led "Silent Night" the sanctuary was filled with the sound on God's people singing praises to their king. It was a time of intense worship with acapella singing and harmonizing (which I love, but still can't do). No wonder the angels had to split the sky open and announce Christ's birth to the shephards! They couldn't contain their joy. That's exactly how I felt when we were singing that holy song.

No comments: