Thursday, November 13, 2008

Date Nights!




We had two nights in a row of stimulating (?) adult time with each other this week! Our first date we got to go to The Melting Pot, which is a fondue place. We had a fabulous time! Look at the looks on our faces with that plate of goodies and a pot of ooey-gooey chocolate. Unfortunately, the pot was still to hot at the end to just lick all of the chocolate up. It was a really experience divertido (fun), especially because we've never had fondue before. I have to admit, it was a little embarrassing when we were served raw meat for our entree and we had no idea what to do with it. Thankfully, we had a very gracious server who showed us what to do.
The next night, we got to get all dressed up and go to a fundraiser dinner with Mamasita Rosarita and some of our best friends at the Biltmore hotel in Phoenix. How fun it is to pretend to be high-class society when you know inside you're a homeschool mama who just hours before was in cut-offs, sandals and a baseball cap. Thankfully, no one saw me nodding off during the key speaker! I can always pull the pregnancy card if I need to.

2 comments:

AudyCamp said...

Haha-I laughed at the fondue meat comment cuz I just recently did the same thing went I went out with some college girlfriends. We thought they forgot to cook our meat!! Glad you and Pat could have some quality date time. We really should meet up with you guys sometime for a double date:)

Unknown said...

I like your new blog look. Very cute. Your baby coutdown is really cute also.