Sunday, November 23, 2008

Happy Birthday, Papa!



Happy Birthday, Dad! Today we celebrated my dad's 59th birthday with lasagna, bread, salad and a banana cake. Mmmm, my kind of party. Unfortunately, no chocolate was present because my dad is almost the only person in this universe who has an abhorrance to chocolate! That and peanut butter. How does he survive? Poor unfortunate soul.
Anyways, my kids are so excited to share anyone's birthday with them. It's a really big deal. It was extra special because their papa is the best ever! Each one of the kids is special in his eyes. Papa is good at piggy back rides, tickles, trips to the park, funny faces and taking lots of pictures of his grandkids. I've always known I have a special dad, but seeing him as a grandfather is even more precious to me. Many of you know my dad and you know what a friendly, talkative, God-fearing man he is. I couldn't ask for a better influence for my entire family.
We have been so blessed with a wonderful family and I am thankful for every minute we get to spend with them. Not only has he been blessed with 59 years, my children and I have been blessed to know him for our entire lives. Here's to 59 more years!

1 comment:

AudyCamp said...

Jamie you know that I love your Dad! He is seriously one of the friendliest, most Christlike people I have ever met. Love him!! I can just imagine him doing piggy back rides & being such a fun grandpa! ....& what no chocolate! Can't imagine such a life!;) Glad you had a great day.