Monday, February 23, 2009

Ladies' Night!

Friday night! Woohoo! I love Friday nights. It's the longest period of time before my hubby has to go back to work. Now I do realize, quite clearly, that since we've added children into the mix, our Friday nights are, well, a bit on the "un-trendy" side of the spectrum. I never pictured my Friday nights as going to the grocery store or Costco and ending up fun, but they are. No complaints here!
However, this particular Friday night, was a "Sister's Night". Don't you hear the song "Sisters" from White Christmas in the background?


We started off our night out with a trip to Charleston's restaurant. Yum, yum! That's one of those places we rarely go to and perfect for girly talk. After all, isn't that what girls like to do, talk? Between the chatting, we had fun with my camera, while trying not to irritate the other customers. (Since it was dark in there, we had to use the flash, so I didn't want any complaints from other people around us.)

Isn't she so cute?


Lovin' being with my sis!

After dinner, we did one of our favorite activities. As a belated birthday gift, we went to see "The King and I" at the Hale Theatre here in Gilbert.


Growing up, we watched that movie so many times, I'm surprised we didn't know it word for word. But to see it acted out in front of you is a different story altogether! I'm not sure what it is about the theatre, but... I know now that I'm addicted to it and my sister is well on her way to the same addiction. Yay, now I have someone else to kidnap and "force" to go to the theater with me, other than my husband.
What a fantastic, memorable night. And it's going to have to last a while. I have a feeling that theater going won't be in the near future for me. I guess I'll just have to take comfort in holding my brand new son, who could be arriving any day now. Ah, well. I don't think anything could be better than that, even the theater.

1 comment:

Amy said...

What a fun sister night!! Love it!!

Yummy food and a great play to see!! So so great! Especially great to squeeze that in before baby #4 comes!

Hugs.. Amy